Within every human cell, nature has engineered finely tuned control mechanisms to correct imbalances caused by stress and disease and promote healing. At HotSpot Therapeutics, nature is inspiring us to create a wave of new medicines.
Through a proprietary technology platform, we are uncovering privileged allosteric sites used by nature to control proteins – called regulatory hotspots– that can be exploited through small molecule drug discovery. Regulatory hotspots are allowing sought-after targets to be drugged for the first time while delivering molecules with exquisite selectivity and attractive drug-like properties.
HotSpot is supported by a syndicate of leading healthcare investors based in the US and Europe. You will be joining a seasoned team of drug hunters with an excellent track record in drug discovery. As a HotSpotter, you are comfortable thinking outside the box and breaking convention. You are curious about the world and contribute beyond your precise role description. You are action orientated and extraordinary at getting things done. You communicate openly with your colleagues and you hate office politics.
HotSpot is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Mission – Identify novel allosteric inhibitors using our DNA-Encoded Library (DEL) platform
Use our DNA-Encoded Library (DEL) platform to identify small molecule inhibitors that bind to Regulatory Hotspots
Perform compound screening using our DNA-Encoded Library (DEL) platform
- Characterize protein stability and function
- Quantitate and characterize DNA
- Perform DEL selections
- Evaluate DEL hits
- Use SOPs, protocols, and other documentation
- Generate summaries and reports
- Work as a part of the HotSpot DEL team
- Biochemistry background
- BS or MS with 0-4 years industry experience
- Experience with protein purification and characterization
- Experience with PCR and general molecular biology skills
- Experience with enzyme assays, experience with enzyme kinetics and assay development a plus
- Driven, self motivated without supervision; can define a clear process for achieving goal
- Output oriented – rapidly commit thinking to slides
- Open and collaborative worker/communicator who is comfortable operating in a team setting
- Comfortable working within distributed team model including use of Zoom or other video-conference tools
- Experience working with Microsoft Powerpoint, Word, and Excel. Experience with python and/or linux a plus
- Ability to integrate data/input from different sources and team members