About HotSpot Therapeutics, Inc.
Within every human cell, nature has engineered finely-tuned control mechanisms to correct imbalances caused by stress and disease and promote healing. At HotSpot Therapeutics, nature is inspiring us to create a wave of new medicines.
Through a proprietary technology platform, we are uncovering privileged allosteric sites used by nature to control proteins – called regulatory hotspots– that can be exploited through small molecule drug discovery. Regulatory hotspots are allowing sought-after targets to be drugged for the first time while delivering molecules with exquisite selectivity and attractive drug-like properties. HotSpot is supported by a syndicate of leading healthcare investors based in the US and Europe.
You will be joining a seasoned team of drug hunters with an excellent track record in drug discovery. As a HotSpotter, you are comfortable thinking outside the box and breaking convention. You are curious about the world and contribute beyond your precise role description. You are action orientated and extraordinary at getting things done. You communicate openly with your colleagues, and you hate office politics.
HotSpot is seeking an Associate Director/Director in Computational Biology to support our current drug discovery projects and clinical translational studies, including new target identification and validation, pathway inhibition mechanisms of action by our compounds, and patient stratification for both Oncology and Inflammation areas.
The successful candidate must be a hands-on leader and independent contributor in the Computational Biology/Informatics field with demonstrated experience developing and implementing analytical and data-mining strategies for both oncology and immunology targets in early clinical development, to partner and communicate in a highly collaborative and matrixed organization involving colleagues across Discovery, Development and many CRO/CMO partners. The candidate will be reporting to the VP of Data Science and Platform Biology.
- Identify, evaluate, and analyze various platforms of ‘omics datasets such as bulk or single-cell RNA-seq, CRISPR screens, and proteomics to understand target-phenotype correlation to help target triage, evaluate mechanisms of response or resistance from target modulations, and develop patient-selection strategies.
- Collaborate with Biologists in Oncology and Inflammation to design, procure and analyze various ‘omics data to investigate target biology and drug engagement, and to provide biomarker candidates for further translational testing.
- As a key contributor to our biomarker and clinical development strategy, provide input and guidance on biomarker strategies for early clinical development.
- Identify and/or build new technologies important for longer-term success including Machine Learning/AI approaches to analyze data sets, and contribute to HotSpot’s proprietary SmartAllosteryTM
- Identify molecular pathways contributing to genetic associations and molecular characterization of genetic variants associated with disease
- Analyze clinical genomic and multi-omic data sets in order to generate reverse translational hypotheses.
- Contribute to the develop the overall bioinformatics strategy, create informatics workflows and analytical pipelines for HotSpot’s pipeline assets in oncology and immunology.
- Build relationships with other world-class researchers in the field and establish collaborations.
- Managing CROs and other supporting resources.
- D. in Computational/Biological Sciences with at least 6-8 years of experience in pharma/biotech industries.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and integrating data analysis pipelines for drug discovery projects in both oncology and immunology.
- Experience analyzing clinical genomic and multi-omic data sets from clinical studies and ability to generate reverse translational hypotheses to guide pre-clinical programs and generate biomarker hypotheses.
- Experience in bioinformatic algorithm and method development to assess various datasets.
- Expert level hands on experience with at least one scripting/programming and analytics language (Python, R or similar).
- In depth familiarity and working experience with public data resources such as GWAS, TCGA, OpenTargets and other data sources.
- Solid statistics training and experience in advanced analytics and data science methods (random forest, clustering, neural networks and deep learning, Bayesian classifications, anomaly detection, dimensionality reduction, etc.).
- Familiarity and experience with cloud computing services (AWS or GCP).
- Strong scientific track record in bioinformatics including publications in peer reviewed journals.
- Ability to work in a cross functional team setting.
At HotSpot, we have a bold mission to establish new drug discovery paradigm. If this appeals to you, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HotSpot is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.