About HotSpot Therapeutics, Inc.
Within every human cell, nature has engineered finely-tuned control mechanisms to correct imbalances caused by stress and disease and promote healing. At HotSpot Therapeutics, nature is inspiring us to create a wave of new medicines.
Through a proprietary technology platform, we are uncovering privileged allosteric sites used by nature to control proteins – called regulatory hotspots– that can be exploited through small molecule drug discovery. Regulatory hotspots are allowing sought-after targets to be drugged for the first time while delivering molecules with exquisite selectivity and attractive drug-like properties. HotSpot is supported by a syndicate of leading healthcare investors based in the US and Europe.
You will be joining a seasoned team of drug hunters with an excellent track record in drug discovery. As a HotSpotter, you are comfortable thinking outside the box and breaking convention. You are curious about the world and contribute beyond your precise role description. You are action orientated and extraordinary at getting things done. You communicate openly with your colleagues, and you hate office politics.
As HotSpot Therapeutics moves pipeline assets into early clinical development, the selected Associate Director or Director of Translational Sciences will be a key contributor to the early clinical development strategy with a focus on delivery of clinical biomarker data.
The successful candidate will have hands-on experience developing and implementing biomarker assay(s) for oncology and/or immunology targets in early clinical development. The candidate will lead critical efforts in Translational Medicine by supporting and collaborating across Discovery and Development. In addition, there will be opportunities to expand the sphere of responsibilities in the related disciplines for career development and continued growth.
The successful candidate must be able to work independently but also be an effective leader, partner and communicator in a matrix organization involving colleagues across R&D and many CRO/CMO partners. The candidate will be responsible for a variety of activities including but not limited to the following deliverables:
- Execute on biomarker strategies for HotSpot pipeline assets in oncology and immunology
- Work closely with Discovery teams to formulate biomarker plans and design necessary experiments to help identify and validate biomarkers for potential clinical testing
- Ensure clinical readiness of biomarkers and biomarker assays by working cross-functionally with Discovery teams, and with Clinical Research Organizations (CROs) to outsource and validate clinical biomarker assay(s)
- Monitor and oversea ongoing the biomarker portions of clinical trials including tracking of biomarker samples, data generation at CROs, and downstream integrated data analysis.
- Identify and/or build new technologies important for longer-term success including platforms related to biomarker assessments and or data analysis
- Ph.D. in biology (or close equivalent) with at least 4-8 years of experience in pharma/biotech industries
- Strong scientific track record in the Translational Medicine field
- Hands on experience working with external CROs for assay developments and validations across various biomarker platforms (IHC, Flow cytometry, genomics)
- Extensive experience analyzing clinical biomarker data and integrating across multiple endpoints
- Experience with IND filings and regulatory interactions a plus
- Ability to work and collaborate in a cross functional team setting
- Proficient in oral and written communications
- Amenable to multitasking and prioritizing with good flexibility under fast pace; willing to do both high level and hands-on work
At HotSpot, we have a bold mission to establish a new drug discovery and development paradigm. If this appeals to you, please let us know at iamcurious@hotspotthera. com.
HotSpot is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.