Within every human cell, nature has engineered finely tuned control mechanisms to correct imbalances caused by stress and disease and promote healing. At HotSpot Therapeutics, nature is inspiring us to create a wave of new medicines.
Through a proprietary technology platform, we are uncovering privileged allosteric sites used by nature to control proteins – called regulatory hotspots– that can be exploited through small molecule drug discovery. Regulatory hotspots are allowing sought-after targets to be drugged for the first time while delivering molecules with exquisite selectivity and attractive drug-like properties.
HotSpot is supported by a syndicate of leading healthcare investors based in the US and Europe. You will be joining a seasoned team of drug hunters with an excellent track record in drug discovery. As a HotSpotter, you are comfortable thinking outside the box and breaking convention. You are curious about the world and contribute beyond your precise role description. You are action orientated and extraordinary at getting things done. You communicate openly with your colleagues and you hate office politics.
HotSpot is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Mission: Program Leadership of Protein Degradation subteam
Build and lead a discovery program team centered on degradation of protein targets of interest.
Perform and manage activities for one drug-discovery program
- Design and guide HotSpot’s approach to protein-degradation agents
- Design new compounds for synthesis
- Work with vendors to manage offshore chemistry resources
- Work with chemistry and biology leads of multiple programs to develop degraders for ongoing discovery efforts.
- Meet goals and deliver clinical candidates
- Work with a matrixed team in comp chem/ADME/pharmacology/process chem to deliver high-quality output
- Report team activities in working group, to management, board updates, and BD slide input
- Previous experience in chemical methodology and/or total synthesis
- Chemistry background, particularly in protein degradation
- Driven, self motivated without supervision; can define a clear process for achieving goal
- Output oriented – rapidly commit thinking to slides
- Open and Collaborative worker/communicator who is comfortable operating in a team setting
- Comfortable working within distributed team model including use of Zoom or other video-conference tools
- Experience working with Microsoft Powerpoint, Word, and Excel
- Ability to integrate data/input from different sources and team members
- PhD, post doc with 5-15 years industry experience.
- Synthetic chemistry/medicinal training, with protein degradation experience, including relevant outside experience in the subgenre and good knowledge of relevant approaches.
- Discovery team leadership experience