Within every human cell, nature has engineered finely tuned control mechanisms to correct imbalances caused by stress and disease and promote healing. At HotSpot Therapeutics, nature is inspiring us to create a wave of new medicines.
Through a proprietary technology platform, we are uncovering privileged allosteric sites used by nature to control proteins – called natural hotspots- that can be exploited through small molecule drug discovery. Natural hotspots are allowing sought-after targets to be drugged for the first time while delivering molecules with exquisite selectivity and attractive drug-like properties.
HotSpot is supported by a syndicate of leading healthcare investors based in the US and Europe. You will be joining a seasoned team of drug hunters with an excellent track record in drug discovery. As a HotSpotter, you are comfortable thinking outside the box and breaking convention. You are curious about the world and contribute beyond your precise role description. You are action oriented and extraordinary at getting things done. You communicate openly with your colleagues, and you hate office politics.
We are seeking a talented biophysicist to support our drug discovery programs. The candidate should have experience in analyzing small molecule-protein interactions using a variety of biophysical techniques with a primary focus on SPR. The successful candidate should be creative and provide biophysical supports in early drug discovery programs and elucidate the MOA of allosteric inhibitors. This role is laboratory based. The ideal candidate must be highly collaborative, self-motivated, and eager to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Apply a broad range of biophysical methods to characterize the interaction of small molecules with their target proteins
- Design, execute and troubleshoot biophysical assays, primarily using SPR to support compound screening, Hit ID, Hit validation and optimization.
- Apply biophysical methods to characterize the MOA of allosteric inhibitors
- Keep detailed laboratory notebooks, analyze and interpret data, prepare summaries in a clear and precise manner, and present data to multidisciplinary teams
- Responsible for maintenance of laboratory instruments and managing consumables inventory
- Work closely with colleagues in biochemistry, structure biology, cell biology, chemistry, and other functional areas
- BS or MS with at least 3 years of industry experience
- Experience with binding assays and MOA studies using SPR, hands on experience on Biacore S200 and 8K is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of a variety of biophysical techniques MST, ITC, DLS, DSF etc.
- Good knowledge of protein chemistry and protein stability
- Experience with protein expression and protein purification is a plus
- Attention to detail and excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and the capability to prioritize and focus on delivery of data for key decision making
- Efficient and comfortable with working remotely with teams at different locations
- Ability and willingness to learn and adopt emerging technologies to drug discovery process
- Ability to adapt to and effectively manage changes in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- A passion for drug discovery and sense of urgency to find new medicines for patients
HotSpot is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.