Within every human cell, nature has engineered finely tuned control mechanisms to correct imbalances caused by stress and disease and promote healing. At HotSpot Therapeutics, nature is inspiring us to create a wave of new medicines.
Through a proprietary technology platform, we are uncovering privileged allosteric sites used by nature to control proteins – called regulatory hotspots– that can be exploited through small molecule drug discovery. Regulatory hotspots are allowing sought-after targets to be drugged for the first time while delivering molecules with exquisite selectivity and attractive drug-like properties.
HotSpot is supported by a syndicate of leading healthcare investors based in the US and Europe. You will be joining a seasoned team of drug hunters with an excellent track record in drug discovery. As a HotSpotter, you are comfortable thinking outside the box and breaking convention. You are curious about the world and contribute beyond your precise role description. You are action orientated and extraordinary at getting things done. You communicate openly with your colleagues and you hate office politics.
HotSpot is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Mission: Identify novel protein degradation agents from various cell-based assays; elucidate and modulate the “interactome” of target proteins
Help build a Chemical Biology department with a suite of assays to support a targeted protein degradation approach for drug discovery projects
- Routine culture and maintenance of various cell lines
- Develop and validate various cell-based assays for targeted protein degradation
- Use of validated cell-based assays to support Lead Optimization and drug discovery
- Use SOPs, protocols, and other documentation
- Generate summaries and reports
- Work as an integral part of the HotSpot Chemical Biology team
- Cell Biology or related background
- BS or MS with 2-10+ years industry experience; PhD, with 0-3+ years industry experience
- Experience with culturing a wide variety of cell lines
- Experience with running cell-based assays such as Western Blot, in-cell Western, ELISA, etc.
- Experience with small-molecule drug discovery, fluorescence-based assays (e.g., AlphaLISA, TR-FRET, etc.), biochemistry, and protein degradation, are all a plus
- Driven, self-motivated without substantial supervision; can define a clear process for achieving goal
- Output oriented – rapidly commit thinking to slides
- Open and collaborative worker/communicator who is comfortable operating in a team setting
- Comfortable working within distributed team model including use of Zoom or other video-conference tools
- Experience working with Microsoft Powerpoint, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to integrate data/input from different sources and team members
- HotSpot is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- HotSpot takes covid safety seriously. All employees must follow company safety protocols and precautions.