Within every human cell, nature has engineered finely tuned control mechanisms to correct imbalances caused by stress and disease and promote healing. At HotSpot Therapeutics, nature is inspiring us to create a wave of new medicines.
Through a proprietary technology platform, we are uncovering privileged allosteric sites used by nature to control proteins – called natural hotspots- that can be exploited through small molecule drug discovery. Natural hotspots are allowing sought-after targets to be drugged for the first time while delivering molecules with exquisite selectivity and attractive drug-like properties.
HotSpot is supported by a syndicate of leading healthcare investors based in the US and Europe. You will be joining a seasoned team of drug hunters with an excellent track record in drug discovery. As a HotSpotter, you are comfortable thinking outside the box and breaking convention. You are curious about the world and contribute beyond your precise role description. You are action oriented and extraordinary at getting things done. You communicate openly with your colleagues, and you hate office politics.
HotSpot is seeking a senior Immunologist with expertise in small molecule drug discovery who has led projects from inception to IND.
The successful candidate will be well versed in designing and executing in vitro and in vivo immunologic assays as well as biochemical and biophysical assays.
They should have significant experience in pharmacology, in vivo models, and in creating PK/PD/efficacy relationships in animal models.
The successful candidate will be joining a seasoned team of drug hunters with an excellent track record in drug discovery.
The ideal candidate must be highly collaborative, self-motivated, and eager to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
This position will serve as the project leader on an advancing drug discovery program and will contribute as a team member to others.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop a deep understanding of the target structure/function and become an expert in the target biology, pathway, animal models and the associated human disease indications
- Develop and design in vitroand in vivo preclinical models that enable interrogation of mechanisms of action, drug discovery, patient selection, and define PK/PD/efficacy relationships.
- Manage a team of external contract research organization (CRO) scientists
- Work with your counterpart in medicinal chemistry to interpret and communicate data, identify and push to solve hurdles for the program
- Actively solicit input from experts to validate experimental design and interpret data
- Establish academic collaborations to access information on biochemical, cell-based and in vivo models not available through CRO’s
- A PhD in the biological sciences (immunology or related field)
- Experience as a project leader in auto-inflammatory diseases taking projects from hit-finding to IND
- Proficiency in design and set up biochemical and cellular screen assays and animal disease models
- A proven track record of scientific achievement illustrated in your list of publications/patents/IND filings
- At least 6-8 years of relevant research experience in the biotech or pharma industry
HotSpot is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.