Within every human cell, nature has engineered finely tuned control mechanisms to correct imbalances caused by stress and disease and promote healing. At HotSpot Therapeutics, nature is inspiring us to create a wave of new medicines.
Through a proprietary technology platform, we are uncovering privileged allosteric sites used by nature to control proteins – called regulatory hotspots– that can be exploited through small molecule drug discovery. Regulatory hotspots are allowing sought-after targets to be drugged for the first time while delivering molecules with exquisite selectivity and attractive drug-like properties.
HotSpot is supported by a syndicate of leading healthcare investors based in the US and Europe. You will be joining a seasoned team of drug hunters with an excellent track record in drug discovery. As a HotSpotter, you are comfortable thinking outside the box and breaking convention. You are curious about the world and contribute beyond your precise role description. You are action oriented and extraordinary at getting things done. You communicate openly with your colleagues and you hate office politics.
HotSpot is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
HotSpot is seeking a senior Immunologist with experience in transcription factor biology who has experience in leading drug discovery projects from inception to IND.
The successful candidate will be well versed in designing and executing biochemical, biophysical and cellular assays and have significant experience in pharmacology and in creating PK/PD/efficacy relationships in animal models.
The successful candidate will be joining a seasoned team of drug hunters with an excellent track record in drug discovery.
The ideal candidate must be highly collaborative, self-motivated, and eager to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
You will serve as the biology project leader on an advancing drug discovery program and will contribute as a team member to others. Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop a deep understanding of target biology and become an expert on the target, animal models and the associated human disease indications
- Design and lead biochemical and cellular mechanism-of-action studies using a variety of established and novel tools
- Coordinate all biological aspects around the target including protein production, structural biology, biochemical and cellular target engagement studies as well as the development of PD markers that can be used in cells and animal models
- Manage a team of external contract research organization (CRO) scientists
- Work with your counterpart in medicinal chemistry to interpret and communicate data, identify and push to solve hurdles for the program
- Establish in vivo models at CROs including PD, sub-chronic and chronic disease models
- Work with your counterpart in medicinal chemistry to establish a PK/PD/efficacy relationship for the target
- Actively solicit input from experts to validate experimental design and interpret data
- Establish academic collaborations to access information on biochemical, cell-based and in vivo models not available through CRO’s
- You have earned a PhD in the biological sciences (immunology, biochemistry, molecular biology, pharmacology or other relevant area)
- You have worked as a project leader in the area of auto-inflammatory diseases taking projects from hit-finding to IND
- You have experience in the biology of transcription factors
- You have set up biochemical and cellular assays for transcription factor activity
- You have experience in designing and interpreting transcriptional profiling data (qPCR, NanoString, RNAseq) as a readout of compound action in cells and in vivo
- You have experience designing, running and interpreting animal models, including assessment of target engagement
- You have a proven track record of scientific achievement illustrated in your list of publications/patents/IND filings
- You have at least seven (7) years of relevant research experience in the biotech or pharma industry
At HotSpot, we have a bold mission to establish new drug discovery paradigm. If this appeals to you, please let us know on email@example.com.