Within every human cell, nature has engineered finely tuned control mechanisms to correct imbalances caused by stress and disease and promote healing. At HotSpot Therapeutics, nature is inspiring us to create a wave of new medicines.
Through a proprietary technology platform, we are uncovering privileged allosteric sites used by nature to control proteins – called regulatory hotspots– that can be exploited through small molecule drug discovery. Regulatory hotspots are allowing sought-after targets to be drugged for the first time while delivering molecules with exquisite selectivity and attractive drug-like properties.
HotSpot is supported by a syndicate of leading healthcare investors based in the US and Europe. You will be joining a seasoned team of drug hunters with an excellent track record in drug discovery. As a HotSpotter, you are comfortable thinking outside the box and breaking convention. You are curious about the world and contribute beyond your precise role description. You are action oriented and extraordinary at getting things done. You communicate openly with your colleagues and you hate office politics.
HotSpot is seeking a senior biologist with experience in oncology drug discovery to build and lead our precision oncology team. We are looking for an individual well versed in the drug discovery process (biochemical and cellular assays, target engagement, pharmacology) and intrigued by the prospects of precision medicine. The ideal candidate must be highly collaborative, self-motivated, and eager to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. He/she will be joining a seasoned team of drug hunters with an excellent track record in drug discovery.
You will serve as the leader of Hotspot’s Oncology effort focused on precision oncology. Your responsibilities will include:
- Help select promising oncology targets from a list of proteins with newly identified allosteric sites (‘hotspots’) that can be developed as precision oncology projects
- Recruit and direct reports as needed
- Build a comprehensive precision oncology strategy for chosen targets (including patient selection and CDx development)
- Develop a deep understanding of the structure/function relationship of the target(s) and become an expert in the relevant target biology
- Lead the design and execution of biochemical and cellular assays and compound triage
- Help choose relevant cellular and in vivo models that confirm the planned precision oncology approach
- Manage a team of external contract research organization (CRO) scientists
- Drive the development of cellular PD markers that can be used in cells, animal models and potentially patients
- Develop a patient selection strategy and help drive development of a companion diagnostic
- Establish academic collaborations to access information on biochemical, cell-based and in vivo models not available through CRO’s
- You have earned a Ph.D. or MD/Ph.D. degree in the biological sciences (biochemistry, molecular and cell biology, pharmacology or other relevant area) and have at least ten to fifteen (10-15) years of relevant drug discovery research experience in the biotech or pharma industry working in oncology
- You have worked as a project leader, bringing oncology projects from inception to the clinic
- You have management experience and have contributed to successful oncology IND filings
- You have experience with the precision oncology approach and the development of companion diagnostics
- Experience in the biology of transcription factors preferred
- You have a proven track record of scientific achievement illustrated in your list of publications/patents/IND filings
HotSpot is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
At HotSpot, we have a bold mission to establish new drug discovery paradigm. If this appeals to you, please let us know at email@example.com.