Within every human cell, nature has engineered finely tuned control mechanisms to correct imbalances caused by stress and disease and promote healing. At HotSpot Therapeutics, nature is inspiring us to create a wave of new medicines.
Through a proprietary technology platform, we are uncovering privileged allosteric sites used by nature to control proteins – called regulatory hotspots– that can be exploited through small molecule drug discovery. Regulatory hotspots are allowing sought-after targets to be drugged for the first time while delivering molecules with exquisite selectivity and attractive drug-like properties.
HotSpot is supported by a syndicate of leading healthcare investors based in the US and Europe. You will be joining a seasoned team of drug hunters with an excellent track record in drug discovery. As a HotSpotter, you are comfortable thinking outside the box and breaking convention. You are curious about the world and contribute beyond your precise role description. You are action oriented and extraordinary at getting things done. You communicate openly with your colleagues and you hate office politics.
HotSpot is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Mission: Produce High-Quality DNA-Encoded Libraries
Lead efforts to plan, produce, and use our DNA-Encoded Library (DEL) platform.
Perform and manage library design and build activities
- Design new libraries for HotSpot-binding compounds (in conjunction with computational chemistry)
- Work with vendors to source library inputs
- Develop new chemistry to be used in future DEL builds
- Manage and perform the profiling of library inputs, includes other group members
- Draft and use SOPs, protocols, and other build documentation to ensure robust build quality
- Manage and be a part of the actual DEL library build process
- Learn to work with output of DEL screens
- Work with rest of HotSpot build team, comp chem
- Manage direct reports
- Manage offshore FTEs
- Previous experience in chemical methodology and/or total synthesis
- Chemistry background
- Driven, self motivated without supervision; can define a clear process for achieving goal
- Output oriented – rapidly commit thinking to slides
- Open and Collaborative worker/communicator who is comfortable operating in a team setting
- Comfortable working within distributed team model including use of Zoom or other video-conference tools
- Experience working with Microsoft Powerpoint, Word, and Excel
- Ability to integrate data/input from different sources and team members
- PhD, post doc with 0-4 years industry experience.
- Synthetic chemistry/medicinal training or experience