Full-time role based in Monmouth Junction, NJ
HotSpot Therapeutics is looking for a Scientist with protein biochemistry expertise. The candidate will join the growing Proteomics group within the Platform Integration department. Our group develops and applies advanced proteomics methods in support of therapeutics characterization (e.g. target engagement, selectivity profiling, mechanism of action), target biology and validation, and advancement of novel drug discovery tools. Technology development is an essential and fundamental component of the Proteomics group in support of the HotSpot portfolio. In this full-time on-site role, you will leverage your protein biochemistry skills, and employ advanced chemoproteomic and mass spectrometry tools to answer focused research questions.
What you will do:
• Characterize and evaluate chemical probes in cell and tissue samples for target identification, target engagement, and selectivity profiling.
• Perform protein separation and detection by techniques including but not limited to gel electrophoresis, Western blotting, LC-UV, and LC-FLD.
• Perform protein isolation and derivatization from biomatrices by techniques including but not limited to immunoprecipitation, affinity purification, size chromatography, and Click chemistry.
• Perform bottom-up proteomic sample preparation and assist in operation & maintenance of modern HPLC and LC-MS systems.
• Document laboratory procedures and results in a timely manner.
• Serve as the SME for protein biochemistry and present at group and company meetings.
• Hands-on experience in protein gel electrophoresis, Western blotting, and mammalian cell lysis required.
• Hands-on experience in laboratory techniques for protein biochemistry and chemoproteomic sample preparation, including pipetting at 10uL and above, solvent and stock solution preparation, proper handling of flammables and corrosives required.
• Good communication and inter-personal skills and follow good laboratory practices when using inter-departmental lab equipment.
• Efficient time management and task prioritization skills to enable pursuit of multiple objectives in parallel.
• Attention to details in experiment execution & documentation required. Documentation of experimental results and process deviations are essential.
• Embrace HotSpotter values: Courageous Adventurers, Leave your Mark, Keep it Human, Make it Real.
• Hands-on experience in immunoprecipitation will be beneficial and strongly preferred
• Hands-on experience with one or more of the following will be beneficial: LC-MSn for protein/peptide/proteomic analysis, RP or IEX-LC-UV for protein (large molecule) analysis, automated liquid handlers (e.g. Agilent BRAVO, Formulatrix, Hamilton STAR)
Ph.D. in chemical biology, biochemistry, or a related discipline, with 2+ years post-doctoral/industry experience.
Bachelors in biochemistry, chemistry, biology or a related discipline, with 6+ years industry experience.
HotSpot is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
At HotSpot, we have a bold mission to establish a new drug discovery and development paradigm. If this appeals to you, please let us know at [email protected]