About HotSpot Therapeutics, Inc.
Within every human cell, nature has engineered finely tuned control mechanisms to correct imbalances caused by stress and disease and promote healing. At HotSpot Therapeutics, nature is inspiring us to create a wave of new medicines. Through a proprietary technology platform, we are uncovering privileged allosteric sites used by nature to control proteins – called regulatory hotspots– that can be exploited through small molecule drug discovery. Regulatory hotspots are allowing sought-after targets to be drugged for the first time while delivering molecules with exquisite selectivity and attractive drug-like properties. Hotspot is supported by a syndicate of leading healthcare investors based in the US and Europe. You will be joining a seasoned team of drug hunters with an excellent track record in drug discovery. As a HotSpotter, you are comfortable thinking outside the box and breaking convention. You are curious about the world and contribute beyond your precise role description. You are action orientated and extraordinary at getting things done. You communicate openly with your colleagues, and you hate office politics.
- Build and lead overall IT operations for the HotSpot sites including IT infrastructure, applications and oversee help desk vendor
- Regularly meet with business stakeholders to determine IT business requirements that support organizational growth and evolution, as well as function specific initiatives within G&A, clinical, development, and research
- Responsible for ensuring the company has a secure and robust environment to do their work remotely or across multiple locations
- Analyze IT infrastructure and systems performance to assess operating costs, productivity levels, upgrade requirements, and other metrics and needs
- Manage and track the IT departmental expense budget
- Implement governance processes, IT client communication plans, IT validation and standards for company work sites
- Ensure the IT goals and objectives for the site are completed to a consistently high standard, within budget, and on time
- Identify potential areas for improvement within the IT organization, ensuring alignment with key partners and leveraging resources
- Maintain and update Corporate and Intranet Web sites including SharePoint sites
- Maintain network and audio-visual telecom wiring
- Select and manage vendors for IT
- Ensure project implementation is well received throughout the organization, providing clear communication and updates to all business stakeholders on projects, infrastructure, and project budgets
- Apply GMP and SOPs to ensure successful IT audits
- Stay abreast of current and future trends in technology and application integration in the biotech industry
- Develop and track relevant metrics and provide analysis, proposals and reports when needed
- Interact within a multidisciplinary team
- Deliver on functional and company-wide IT initiatives based on business case and value metrics
- Travel as needed to Boston or NJ
- BA/BS in Technical Engineering or related field or equivalent experience is required; MA/MS is preferred
- 15+ years IT experience (including IT infrastructure, applications and help desk) in the biotechnology industry
- Experience leading IT teams and collaborating cross-functionally
- Detailed understanding of general business processes, IT General Controls and Application controls
- Experience with validated systems, FDA/EMA regulations, research and clinical data warehousing, master data management, business intelligence and analytics
- Proficient in working across various platforms (MS Windows, MacOS, Mobile Device management, Linux, etc)
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to influence, and a solution-based mindset
At HotSpot, we have a bold mission to establish new drug discovery paradigm. If this appeals to you, please let us know at email@example.com.
HotSpot is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.