Within every human cell, nature has engineered finely tuned control mechanisms to correct imbalances caused by stress and disease and promote healing. At HotSpot Therapeutics, nature is inspiring us to create a wave of new medicines.
Through a proprietary technology platform, we are uncovering privileged allosteric sites used by nature to control proteins – called regulatory hotspots– that can be exploited through small molecule drug discovery. Regulatory hotspots are allowing sought-after targets to be drugged for the first time while delivering molecules with exquisite selectivity and attractive drug-like properties.
HotSpot is supported by a syndicate of leading healthcare investors based in the US and Europe. You will be joining a seasoned team of drug hunters with an excellent track record in drug discovery. As a HotSpotter, you are comfortable thinking outside the box and breaking convention. You are curious about the world and contribute beyond your precise role description. You are action orientated and extraordinary at getting things done. You communicate openly with your colleagues and you hate office politics.
HotSpot is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
HotSpot is seeking a highly motivated, creative and collaborative Immunologist with significant experience in translating knowledge of human autoinflammatory diseases back to target choice for autoinflammatory drug discovery programs. The successful candidate will be well versed in the applications (and shortcomings) of cellular and animal models used to advance inflammation projects. The candidate should have successfully led inflammation projects from target selection to clinical proof-of-concept in biotech or pharma. The Head of Immunology will play a critical role in the leadership of the company, applying the vison of regulatory hotspots to inflammatory diseases.
The ideal candidate must be highly collaborative, self-motivated, and eager to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
The individual filling this role will build and lead HotSpot’s Inflammation therapeutic area. Responsibilities will include:
- Lead the company’s vision, strategy and tactics in the areas of innate and adaptive immunity
- Be part of the company leadership team to help shape the overall vision of the company
- Spearhead the prioritization of new inflammation targets uncovered by the Hotspot platform with a focus on innate immunity
- Help develop chosen targets rapidly into productive drug discovery programs
- Supervise Director level project leaders and senior scientific staff
- Provide leadership and expert scientific input into execution of existing autoimmune targets
- Provide expert advice on the use of in vitro, ex vivo and in vivo models of autoimmunity
- Judge relevance of translational animal models and apply as appropriate
- Establish and oversee collaborative projects with Pharma partners and key opinion leaders in the field
- Provide guidance on choice of indications and clinical Ph1b proof of concept studies
- PhD in Immunology or related
- At least fifteen (15) years of experience in the biotech or pharma industry, guiding autoinflammation projects from target selection to proof-of-concept in the clinic
- Deep scientific knowledge in innate immunity
- Proven track record of achievement in drug discovery as illustrated in list of publications and contributions to IND or NDA filings
- Good understanding of in vitro, ex vivo and animal models of autoinflammatory disease and their translatability into the clinic
- Experience with approaches to patient selection in autoinflammatory diseases
- Experience in managing team members and outside CROs
- Ability to problem solve, lead teams, and deliver on platform and project goals
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
At HotSpot, we have a bold mission to establish new drug discovery paradigm. If this appeals to you, please let us know at email@example.com