About HotSpot Therapeutics, Inc.
Within every human cell, nature has engineered finely-tuned control mechanisms to correct imbalances caused by stress and disease and promote healing. At HotSpot Therapeutics, nature is inspiring us to create a wave of new medicines.
Through a proprietary technology platform, we are uncovering privileged allosteric sites used by nature to control proteins – called regulatory hotspots– that can be exploited through small molecule drug discovery. Regulatory hotspots are allowing sought-after targets to be drugged for the first time while delivering molecules with exquisite selectivity and attractive drug-like properties. HotSpot is supported by a syndicate of leading healthcare investors based in the US and Europe.
You will be joining a seasoned team of drug hunters with an excellent track record in drug discovery. As a HotSpotter, you are comfortable thinking outside the box and breaking convention. You are curious about the world and contribute beyond your precise role description. You are action orientated and extraordinary at getting things done. You communicate openly with your colleagues, and you hate office politics.
We are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Data Manager, to work with multiple drug discovery teams at Hotspot Therapeutics. The successful candidate will work across the organization to bring efficiency and accountability to data collection, processing and recall efforts in oncology and inflammatory diseases. The primary responsibilities are the development of streamline workflows for import of all data types generated internally and externally, tracking the quality and fidelity of the data, and working with internal and external partners to ensure timely delivery of all expected data sets. The role encompasses all data types across HotSpot’s early discovery portfolio including biochemical, cell-based and biophysical readouts: Loading biological and chemical data into Dotmatics, with possibly an intermediate curation step for some data types; ensuring fidelity of integrated data outputs; and enabling easy cross correlation of results. The role will include working collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams of biologists and chemists to coordinate the specific requirements for the capture and analysis and timely presentation of each data set.
- Work closely with HotSpot Platform Integration, data management and project teams to design and implement project data analysis templates and protocols.
- Work with HotSpot and CROs to ensure timely and complete, qualified data loading into the HotSpot data repositories
- Track and manage, with project team leads, the completeness of data sets and alert the teams to missing or failed data sets.
- Provide mentorship and support across the organization, as a technical expert and broad contributor.
- MS in Biological Sciences or Statistics
- 5 years + of relevant data management experience in drug discovery, with a proven record of impact.
- Expertise in developing protocols and analysis workflows and integrating data sets into structured data repositories.
- Strong people, teamwork and communication skills – including effective communication to internal stakeholders and external partners.
- Ability to innovate and problem solve in a fast-paced small company environment
At HotSpot, we have a bold mission to establish a new drug discovery and development paradigm. If this appeals to you, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HotSpot is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.