Within every human cell, nature has engineered finely tuned control mechanisms to correct imbalances caused by stress and disease and promote healing. At HotSpot Therapeutics, nature is inspiring us to create a wave of new medicines.
Through a proprietary technology platform, we are uncovering privileged allosteric sites used by nature to control proteins – called regulatory hotspots– that can be exploited through small molecule drug discovery. Regulatory hotspots are allowing sought-after targets to be drugged for the first time while delivering molecules with exquisite selectivity and attractive drug-like properties.
HotSpot is supported by a syndicate of leading healthcare investors based in the US and Europe. You will be joining a seasoned team of drug hunters with an excellent track record in drug discovery. As a HotSpotter, you are comfortable thinking outside the box and breaking convention. You are curious about the world and contribute beyond your precise role description. You are action oriented and extraordinary at getting things done. You communicate openly with your colleagues and you hate office politics.
HotSpot is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
HotSpot is seeking a Senior Scientist (PhD)/Principal Scientist with experience in drug discovery to join our biology team. This person will be responsible for assay development, screening, and characterizing our novel, allosteric compounds that have unique pharmacological and biological properties. Expertise in an immunology/oncology or signal transduction field is required, along with a track record of establishing biological assays for drug development.
- Design and direct the execution of novel bioassays to screen and characterize small molecules from HotSpot’s SpotFinder platform
- Develop and execute in vitro and in vivo studies to explore the functional properties and efficacy of hotspot compounds in immunological/oncology assays
- Manage lab associates/scientists to deliver high-quality results in a fast-paced setting
- Work with external CROs as well as perform in hands-on laboratory setting
- Prepare program presentations for diverse audiences, including for colleagues in project teams and senior management as well as external parties
- Contribute to the writing of documents to support regulatory filings, patent applications and manuscripts published in peer-reviewed journals.
- PhD in Immunology, Biology, or other related discipline with 3-5 years post-PhD work experience in an academic or biopharma/biotech setting
- Expertise in innate and adaptive immunity and/or cellular signal transduction
- Assay development experience for small molecule drug discovery
- Hands-on expertise with functional immunology assays
- Experience with multi-color flow cytometry
- Experience in managing CRO work is preferred
- Leadership/management experience preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Motivated, execution-focused, team-oriented