Within every human cell, nature has engineered finely-tuned control mechanisms to correct imbalances caused by stress and disease and promote healing. At HotSpot Therapeutics, nature is inspiring us to create a wave of new medicines.
Through a proprietary technology platform, we are uncovering privileged allosteric sites used by nature to control proteins – called regulatory hotspots– that can be exploited through small molecule drug discovery. Regulatory hotspots are allowing sought-after targets to be drugged for the first time while delivering molecules with exquisite selectivity and attractive drug-like properties.
HotSpot is supported by a syndicate of leading healthcare investors based in the US and Europe.
You will be joining a seasoned team of drug hunters with an excellent track record in drug discovery. As a HotSpotter, you are comfortable thinking outside the box and breaking convention. You are curious about the world and contribute beyond your precise role description. You are action oriented and extraordinary at getting things done.
We are seeking a Senior Scientist to join our oncology group with a focus in immuno-oncology.
The successful candidate will be a mission-driven, accomplished scientist with a strong knowledge of tumor immunology/tumor biology and its application to disease in an academic and industry/biotech setting. They will be responsible for leading scientific projects and leveraging the HotSpot platform to identify and validate novel therapeutic targets for oncology.
We are looking for an individual with a track record of accomplishments in developing and executing innovative assays and methodologies. They should be a skilled scientist, innovative, good team player, and comfortable in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Seed and build an oncology team, supporting HotSpot’s discovery engine. Identify, evaluate, design, and execute experimental plans for validation of novel targets in the immune-oncology and oncology areas.
- Develop and design in vitro and in vivo preclinical models that enable interrogation of mechanisms of action, drug discovery, patient selection, and define PK/PD/efficacy relationships. Oversee biology studies both internally and at CROs.
- Provide scientific input on patient selection and biomarker development for early oncology and immune-oncology programs.
- Manage translational efforts across teams in a highly matrixed organization, ensuring rapid execution and open communication
- Contribute to the writing of documents to support regulatory filings, patent applications and manuscripts published in peer-reviewed journals.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Ph.D. in tumor biology, immunology, biological sciences, or related field
- Additional 3-4 years’ experience post-Ph.D. in relevant laboratory experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology settings is required.
- Deep knowledge of adaptive immunology, tumor biology, cell signaling, and associated lab techniques.
- Demonstrated success in executing research programs, with a track record of top tier publications, patents, or similar.
- Experience in managing CRO work is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and experience managing small, agile teams is a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Motivated, execution-focused, team-oriented.
At HotSpot, we have a bold mission to establish new drug discovery paradigm.
HotSpot is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.