About HotSpot Therapeutics, Inc.
Within every human cell, nature has engineered finely tuned control mechanisms to correct imbalances caused by stress and disease and promote healing. At HotSpot Therapeutics, nature is inspiring us to create a wave of new medicines.
Through a proprietary technology platform, we are uncovering privileged allosteric sites used by nature to control proteins – called regulatory hotspots– that can be exploited through small molecule drug discovery. Regulatory hotspots are allowing sought-after targets to be drugged for the first time while delivering molecules with exquisite selectivity and attractive drug-like properties.
HotSpot is supported by a syndicate of leading healthcare investors based in the US and Europe. You will be joining a seasoned team of drug hunters with an excellent track record in drug discovery. As a HotSpotter, you are comfortable thinking outside the box and breaking convention. You are curious about the world and contribute beyond your precise role description. You are action oriented and extraordinary at getting things done. You communicate openly with your colleagues and you hate office politics.
HotSpot is seeking an ambitious Staff Accountant to join our growing and dynamic team. As a key member of the Finance team, the Staff Accountant will assist in building a dynamic accounting operations and finance function dedicated to financial integrity and focused on supporting our growth strategy. The ideal candidate will be a motivated self‐starter with a strong work ethic and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Assist with the month end close process. Including inputting journal entries into general ledger system, which includes the preparation and submission of supporting documentation.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations, primarily related to prepaid expenses, fixed assets, goodwill, intangibles, accounts payable, and other assets and liabilities, as needed.
- Assist with monthly/quarterly internal and external reporting requirements.
- Responsible for data entry of vendor invoices in compliance with company policies & procedures.
- Manage weekly payment runs, including matching invoices, acquiring proper approval, and compiling appropriate support.
- Assist with financial and tax audits and reviews.
- Operate in accordance with a strong internal control environment and identify areas where you can make improvements to the control environment.
- Work with the team on maintaining appropriate processes leading to SOX compliance.
- Perform ad‐hoc analysis and other job‐related duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
- 1+ years of relevant accounting experience, including accounts payable processing and GL reconciliations is preferred.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and relevant accounting and financial concepts.
- Must be able to manage workload and prioritize as necessary to meet deadlines while exhibiting strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills, aptitude for problem‐solving, and an ability to provide professional customer service to internal and external customers.
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with co‐workers and various levels of management.
- Ability to collect, analyze and interpret data to produce accurate reporting.
- Possesses “can do” attitude and willingness to roll‐up sleeves.
- Experience with NetSuite and Coupa highly preferred.
- Excellent computer skills, including the Microsoft Office Suite with explicit proficiency in Excel.
HotSpot is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.